The Stano Law Firm is a justice-driven personal injury firm that serves clients in Cypress and throughout Harris County, Texas. Managing attorney Matt Stano is a former Texas prosecutor and an experienced, trial-tested litigator. Since 2016, he has developed a reputation as a formidable attorney both in and out of the courtroom.
Our practice focuses on civil litigation. So if you have been harmed by the actions of another person or entity, we can advise you on how to seek compensation. We recognize that most cases can be resolved through out-of-court negotiation and settlement. But when that proves impossible, we are not afraid to argue your case before a judge or jury. In the end, our goal is to make sure you obtain the full measure of compensation that you are entitled to under the law.
We Can Represent You in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
A personal injury lawsuit is a claim for civil damages based on the negligent act or omission of another party. Texas law permits an injured party to seek both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages are a measure of the victim’s out-of-pocket expenses, such as their medical bills and lost income. Non-economic damages are meant to compensate inherently unquantifiable losses, such as pain and suffering. In some cases, a Texas court may also award punitive damages to punish a civil defendant for especially egregious misconduct.
Some of the areas of personal injury law that we handle include:
- Bicycle Accidents: Bicyclists have the same rights as any other person who operates a vehicle on public streets. Unfortunately, far too many motorists do not want to share the road. As a result, bicyclists are commonly injured by reckless or negligent drivers who often fail to even notice the bicycle until it is too late.
- Bus Accidents: Accidents involving commercial transport vehicles like school buses and passenger vans often lead to multiple people sustaining catastrophic injuries. These accidents can be complicated to sort out, especially if the vehicle is owned by a state or local government agency. It is therefore crucial to work with an attorney who knows how to properly investigate a bus accident and identify all of the responsible parties.
- Insurance Coverage Disputes: Just because you have an insurance policy and are up-to-date on your premiums, that is no guarantee that the insurer will pay your valid claim once it is submitted. We can help you hold your insurer accountable to the terms of your policy–and if necessary seek to enforce your contractual rights in court.
- Motorcycle Crashes: Motorcycle operators and passengers are often at higher risk for serious injury or death in an accident due to the lack of protection offered by their vehicle. So if you are hit by a car or another vehicle, it is important to work with an attorney who understands the special challenges faced by motorcyclists seeking to recover from their injuries.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Statistically speaking, Texas is one of the most dangerous states in the country when it comes to pedestrian accidents. If you are hit by a car or truck while crossing the street, you will need legal advice on what steps to take next, especially in a “hit and run” situation where the negligent driver sped away from the scene.
- Slip-and Falls: Texas property owners can be held liable for slip-and-fall accidents on their property. If the owner fails to keep their premises reasonably free and clear of safety hazards, and a customer or invited guest is injured by said hazard, the owner can be required to pay the victim’s medical bills and other damages.
- Wrongful Death: When someone is killed due to the negligent or intentional act of another, the victim’s family and estate may seek compensation by filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Work Injuries: Most Texas employees are covered by workers’ compensation, which provides medical and wage replacement benefits if they are injured in the course of their employment. In some cases, a worker may even be able to file a separate civil lawsuit against their employer or a third party whose actions contributed to their injuries.
Contact The Stano Law Firm Today
If you have been injured in any kind of accident, your first priority should always be to seek medical treatment. But you should also not delay in seeking legal advice as well. You are likely to have a number of questions about your legal rights when it comes to seeking compensation. We can help provide some of the answers. Contact The Stano Law Firm today at (832) 777 0390 to schedule a free initial consultation.